. . .
Bill wrote the following in 2011 –
Are you trying to decipher and benefit from understanding the alphabet soup that is Vascular Anomalies? Are you biologically affected? Are you a new parent of a child whose vascular system looks a bit different?
Common among us is that our doctor’s explanations have us looking for more information. While having a deep respect for our doctors and the extended medical community as they support us, we are Patients and Parents inclined to advocate for ourselves and thus we are curious.
This endeavor here grew out of roads traveled; many years now. We are working feverously to try to help, to develop understandings and provide encouragement through collective knowledge and experiences. In short, we care.
A COLLECTION OF DEFINITIONS AND EXPLANATIONS ACROSS THE ENTIRE SPECTRUM OF THE MAJOR SYNDROMES & SYMPTOMS MANIFESTED BY CONGENITAL VASCULAR MALFORMATIONS
- SYNDROMES – BLACK BAR
- SYMPTOMS – GOLD BAR
- CM – Capillary Malformations
- CLM – Capillary + Lymphatic Malformations
- CVM – Capillary + Venous Malfomations
- CLVM – Capillary + Lymphatic + Vein Malformations
- LM – Lymphatic Vessel Malformations [Lead Sheet]
- VM – Vein Malformations [Lead Sheet]
- LVM – Lymphatic + Venous Malformations
- AV+ (multiple classifications)